Climbing Toubkal – North Africa’s highest peak (4,167m). Making it to the summit is a real achievement! Hike to the summit is challenging, but it requires no mountaineering experience and the panoramic view from the summit makes the hard work worthwhile.
|Departure Time||a prompt departure at 8:00 AM|
|Return Time||Approximately 6:30 PM|
- Climbing the highest peak in the North Africa.
- Diversity of landscapes…
- National Park.
During the hike, meals are prepared by a cook. We do our best to bring you a varied, tasty, balanced and Moroccan food.
– Breakfast : bread, jam, honey, milk, black tea, mint tea, instant coffee, chocolate & cheese.
– Lunch : various cooked salads or vegetable ratatouille, cooked cheese, seasonal fruit, mint tea.
– Dinner : Moroccan soup, hot dish (tajine or couscous), or pasta dish, dessert, herbal tea.
Dessert and for some snacks: pancakes, apple donuts, seasonal fruit salads, cinnamon oranges, dates, rice pudding.
Every day during the walk, dry fruits are planned.
- 2 nights in refuge or camping
Essential Equipment & Clothing
- Good walking boots and socks / good trainers
- Personnel First aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag
- Day sack/backpack
- Head torch / headlamp
- Ice axe and crampons (winter)
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
|From||To||Price||Assured Tour||Join a Group|
|06/09/2019||08/09/2019||€210||From 4 pax|
|09/09/2019||11/09/2019||€210||From 4 pax|
|12/09/2019||14/09/2019||€210||From 4 pax|
Transfer from Marrakech to Imlil village (1750m), where you will meet with your muleteer, begin walking towards Mont Toubkal. Crossing the river we eventually come to the pastoral shrine of Sidi Chamarouch, which attracts tourists and pilgrims.
- Overnight in Refuge (3200m).
- 1:30 Hours drivingAscent 1400 Meters
- Descent 0 Meters
- Duration 5 :30 Hours
Early in the morning, you will set off for North Africa's highest peak. When you reach the top you will see the beautiful views across the surrounding countryside. From here there are stunning views in all directions, the plain north of Marrakech, the High Atlas West-East and the Anti-Atlas and the Sahara to the south. We will return on the same route. We will come back down the mountain and head back to Marrakech.
- Ascent 1000 Meters
- Descent 1000 Meters
- Duration 5 Hours
Descend back down to Imlil village where we take lunch and continue to Mezan where you meet your vehicle to drive across the plains back to Marrakech.
- Ascent 0 Meters
- Descent 1400 Meters
- Duration 4 :30 Hours